Tuesday 11 March 2014

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation | Review

I wanted to get a drugstore 'cheap' foundation to use as my everyday one so that I could save my more expensive ones for special occasions, I'm not made of money after all and was pretty much using my YSL one so much, you woulda thought foundation was going out of fashion! I heard good things about the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, and at £8.99 for a bottle, as well as a Rimmel 3 for 2 offer at Boots, I thought why the hell not!




Coverage- Medium to Full
Longevity- Long
Price Range- £
My Rating- ♥♥♥


I really don't have a lot to fault about this product. It's cheap, it applies and blends nicely, and it lasts pretty much all day.

In terms of its lifespan, I'm not too sure as I only got it at the end of last month, but I will say that I've used it pretty much everyday since, and there still seems to be a fair amount left.

I like the coverage because it is pretty full, depending on how much you apply. I probably use about a pump and a half, starting with just one, directly onto my brush (Sigma F80) and dot it all over my face, then blend it in and repeat with another half pump or so if need be.



Although it is pretty natural looking as it isn't too matte or shiny (although powder is definitely essential because the consistency is quite watery) I wouldn't say it felt like the most light-weight foundation I've ever used; I'm definitely aware that it is on my face (well I did apply it so you would think so, but you get what I mean) and it does have a very slight sticky feel to it.

I apply, go to work for 9 hours, and when I get home I feel it has lasted the day pretty well, which I usually find very unusual with cheaper foundations. I do find my t-zone does feel slightly more oily as the day goes on with this foundation as oppose to higher-end ones, but that's nothing a little bit of powder won't fix, and lets face it, there are too many pros for this con to make me even care that much.

After reading about it on the Boots website, it apparently does all this good stuff to awaken skin and prevent aging, so that's gotta be good, right?

Overall, I'm really happy with this foundation, I think for the price it does so many great things. Definitely more of an Autumn/Winter foundation in my opinion, but I will repurchase as I think it's great to have in my kit, especially for those days where my skin is feeling a little more spotty, because I think the coverage is great.

Here are some before and after pictures of my oh so lovely face so you can get an idea of how it works. The after pictures are with literally just the foundation, no powder or anything. I use the shade Soft Beige.









Dani Alexandra
Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. wish i saw this before i spent so much at the mac store the other day.
    thanks for sharing tho

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been needing a new foundation - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete