Sunday 2 March 2014

Lorde and Cara Delevingne Inspired Makeup

So after seeing a photo of Cara Delevingne with bright neon pink lips I was desperate to have a stab at copying the look. I also love Lorde's eye makeup in the "Royals" video so thought I'd have a go at putting the two together.





My attempt is no where near as good or perfect, but if you wanna know how I achieved it, then keep reading!




I started by priming my nose, as I always do, with Benefit Porefessional. Then using a Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush I coated my face with a couple of layers of YSL Touche Eclat Foundation. Cara's skin is completely flawless and highlighted (probs thanks to a bit of airbrushing) so in attempt to achieve the same look I highlighted my forehead, cheekbones and cupids bow with YSL Touche Elcat and concealed my under eyes and any blemishes with NARS Creamy Concealer. I used my F80 to blend the Touche Eclat and my finger for the concealer. Then using a Sigma E60 Large Shader Brush and Rimmel Stay Matte Powder I set the makeup round my eyes, and set the makeup on my face using Bobbi Brown Sheer Loose Powder and a Sigma F30 Large Powder Brush.


Using the NARS Ita Brush and NARS Laguna Bronzer I contoured my cheeks and temples and then blended it out really well because I only wanted a really subtle contour. The I applied NARS Gina Blusher with a Sigma F50 Stippling Brush to achieve a really subtle sunkissed flush to the cheeks.


Using a Smashbox Fan Brush with MAC Lightscapade, I applied a generous amount of highlight to the center of my forehead as Cara is really highlighted there in this photo, and a little bit to the sides of my mouth (Excuse the AWFUL pictures, but hopefully you can see how my forehead is now glowing).


I drew my eyebrows in nice and thick as that's what Cara and Lorde's eyebrows are like in this look, with a Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil.


I dabbed a little bit of my Lightscapade using a Sigma E55 Shading Brush on the center and outside of my eye, then just drew a line of Topshop Gel Liner up towards my crease, then along my crease slightly with a Sigma E65 Small Angle Brush. Don't worry if it's a bit messy, we're gonna be blending like there's no tomorrow.


Then using the shade Creep in the Naked Palette and a Sigma E30 Pencil Brush I blended over those lines made with the gel liner. So much blending, just keep working it back a forth until it looks like how you want. And you literally only need the tinniest amount of creep because that gel liner acts as like a shadow when it's blended as well.


Then back with that E55 and the Naked shade Virgn, I just dabbed a little on the middle of my lid, swiping it slightly towards the outside. Then you wanna blend it all with a Sigma E40 Tapered Blending Brush. Just keep going backwards and forwards with the eyeshadows and various brushes until you get it how you want it. It took me a very long while and a lot of brush switching but I got there in the end! That E30 was my best friend by the end of it!


Then back with that E30 and a little bit more creep, I lined the underneath of my eye, focusing the most pigment on the outer corner. And then with Benefit Bad Gal Eye Pencil, I lined the outer corner of my waterline. Top and Bottom.


Eyes almost done! I then coated my upper and lower lashes with YSL Baby Doll Mascara (which smells AMAZING).


You can see in the photo of Cara that her lips are lined with a reddish lip liner so I just took MAC Ablaze to line my lips, then applied NARS Schiap Lipstick generously to my lips. Such a cool colour.

And that's it! I really hope this was clear and that you like the look! As always, sorry for the quality of the photos, I am gonna be getting a proper camera soon!








Dani Alexandra
Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I think the eyes are really clever look. reneehartsthis.blogspot.com
    Renee x

    ReplyDelete