Monday 31 March 2014

March Haul

Payday was last Tuesday, so naturally I was straight to Brent Cross with my list at hand, ready to spend a large chunk of my pay on more makeup. Enjoy this haul!



MAC Eye Shadow Pans in Tempting and Red Brick


Naturally, I wanted to add some shadows to my pro palette, so I went for Tempting, which is a gorgeous rich cocoa colour with a golden shimmer, and Red Brick, which is a matte orangey red.

No7 Lash and Brow Perfector


I've been on the market for a brow gel for a while, considering that I use a pencil to fill in my eyebrows, and I have really long eyebrow hairs that just wanna do pretty much whatever they want. As most of you know, Boots give out No7 vouchers with most purchases, and this one wasn't that expensive, so I thought I'd give it a go!

MAC Lipstick in Japanese Maple


This is a gorgeous nude beige with a slight pinky undertone and a cream sheen finish. It's lovely for everyday cause it's just so natural. I'm sad cause I've already lost it. Well done me. That's what you get when you take your new makeup out on a drunken night. I will most probably be repurchasing when I'm next out shopping.

MAC Mineralize Glass in Be Nice


This is a lovely peachy pink non-shimmer lip gloss. It's really great for the spring season, especially if you're wanting to rock a more dramatic eye look, this gloss will really balance that out nicely. It's really not very sticky which I love, considering I'm usually put off of lip gloss because of the stickiness.

MAC Pigment in Rose


A gorgeous highly pigmented (duh) rose coloured loose shadow with coppery shimmers. Absolutely great for a number of looks, whether you want a subtle wash of sparkle over your lid, or with a matte brown blended into your crease to turn this girly, feminine shade into a harsher, dramatic evening time look. I love it so far and am excited to experiment different looks with it.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Warm Medium


I've heard great things about this concealer, and for the price I figured I had to give it a try. It's a thick liquid complete with sponged wand for application. So far so good. I think it's pretty similar, if not thicker, than the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, but literally so so much cheaper. It's pretty good as a liquid highlighter as well! I am very happy.

L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation in N7 Amber


I've always heard great things about this foundation, with beautiful YouTuber Lauren Curtis being one of the biggest advocates for it. I went for a darker shade as I needed something I could use once the fake tan has been lathered on. Also, always better to go for a foundation that's too dark rather than too light to avoid looking run down and pasty. I really like it so far. It has a very watery consistency which makes it really lightweight, but the coverage is really great and long lasting.

Eyelure 101 Eyelashes, Philosophy Purity Facial Cleanser and Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara


These three beauts are repurchases because I've loved them oh so much in the past, I needed them in my life again. 101's are my go-to Eyelure Lashes, perfect for both day and night in my opinion, depending on how you do the rest of your makeup. No other cleanser quite compares to Purity as it removes makeup like a dream and leaves my skin feeling lovely. They're Real is like no other mascara I've tried. They genuinely give that "They'e Real" effect, and the compliments I get on my lashes after using this are endless.







Dani Alexandra
Xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Defo going to have to copy you on the red brick eye shadow and the pigment, they're so so lovely!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get working on a Red Brick loos! Thanks for reading lovely <3 xxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  2. So sad you've already lost your lipstick - what a gorgeous colour!!!

    Stevie
    VintageAndVans

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got such awesome make-up I can't believe, great post! I'm loving your blog, so guess what? I've nominated you for a 'Very Inspiring' Blogger Award, all the details are in my new post

    http://teenagefanatic.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/very-inspiring-blog-award-nomination.html

    Annabel xx

    ReplyDelete