Thursday 6 March 2014

February Favorites

Better late than never! Not much majorly stood out for me in February, but keep reading to find out what did!



Lush Face Mask: Cosmetic Worrier

Seriously, can this weather piss off so that I can stop having SUCH bad skin. I wake up and I swear everyday a new, unsqeezable boulder had made a nice home on my face. It appears that my chin and forehead are prime locations. Fortunately, thanks to Lush's amazing face masks, my skin can become somewhat silky smooth and slightly less spotty. Give one of these masks a go. They make bath time so much more luxurious and relaxing, and my skin is getting a whole load of goodness at a time where it really needs it.

NARS Laguna Bronzer and Benefit Hula Bronzer

It is all about the bronzer at the moment. I mean if you live in the UK, you need a bronzer. We are in February, truly a time where the summer tans are completely gone and we are in no way getting any sort of sun to give us any kind of glow. A sheet of foundation is necessary for my to hide my pasty, spotty winter skin and in order to put a nice wash of colour back in my complexion I NEED bronzer. A bit of a cheekbone and forehead contour does the trick. And I'm loving these two at the mo. A lot of blending and you've got yourself a nice, natural, sun-kissed glow.

Sigma E40 and and E60 Brushes

These have definitely been my favorite brushes this month. The E40 has been great at subtly blending a little bit of bronzer into my creases, creating depth to my eyes and, of course, a bit of a summery glow, as well as blending out brighter colours really nicely, because who doesn't love wearing bright colours to brighten up these dim months? The E60 is great for setting my eye foundation/concealer. You can really get into every little crease and line and I've found that since I've started to use this opposed to a normal powder brush that my eye makeup doesn't crease or cake and lasts virtually the whole day!

Dove Summer Glow Nourishing Lotion and Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning

Being tanned is important to me. Call me shallow, but I just don't feel nice if I'm not tanned. Don't get me wrong, if I could pull off the 'pale and interesting' look (and I so wish I could) I would rock it all the time, but alas, I don't. These are my 2 go-to fake tans which, at the moment I'm using a couple times a week. They're both gradual tanners which I love because neither of them streak, they give me a really nice glow, they don't go all weird and horrible as they fade, and you can control how dark you go depending on how often you apply it. I use the Dove on my body and the Clarins on my face and I actually think the Clarins makes my skin look so much clearer...Although that could just be colour.

Colgate ZigZag Toothbrush Scraper Thing
Bit of a random one, but I've been loving using the tongue scraper on the back of my toothbrush to exfoliate my lips! It really helps get your lips nice a smooth and rid them of any dead skin you may of inherited from the cold. Great for you lipstick lovers like me.

What were you loving in February?

Dani Alexandra
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment