Tuesday 18 March 2014

Daytime Simple and Awakening Makeup Look

The past few weeks I've been doing some super early 7am shifts at work (which means waking up at half 5 WAA), so I've really been enjoying wearing this look. It's really really easy to do and doesn't take long at all. I just feel like it makes me look a bit more awake and glowing when in actual fact under it all, I am pretty much asleep..



If you like this look, then keep reading :)


I start by, as always, priming my T-Zone with Benefit's Porefessional. I just use my fingers to blend it into my skin. I then use the Garnier Caffeine Anti-Dark Circles 2-in-1 Roll-On, I think in the shade either Medium or Dark, I cant quite remember (and it's not on the bottle)! I use this under my foundation because I feel that the caffeine and anti-dark circle stuff probably works better directly on the skin, but that's just me! I also just dab that in with my finger. I then buff my Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in Soft Beige all over my face using my Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush. I used about a pump and a half today.


I conceal/highlight my eyes, sides of nose, chin and forehead with the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch in 1 (I probably need a slightly darker one to be honest, but I also feel the lighter colour wakes my face up a bit more!) and then set that and the rest of my face with the Rimmel Stay Matte Transparent Powder. Yes, there is no lid and yes, I lost it on a night out. I do not know how...



I put some colour back in my face by contouring my cheekbones and forehead with NARS Laguna Bronzer and then join that contouring together via my temples. It just gives my face so much more definition and nice sun kissed glow, especially after sweeping some NARS Gina Blusher up that contour line. I then fill my eyebrows in like I always do with the Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown, then clean up any mistakes or eyebrow fallout with the Touche Eclat.



I then take my Sigma E25 Blending Brush with my Laguna and just blend that into my crease. It just gives the eyes more definition and wakes them up that little bit more. I'm loving eyeliner flicks at the mo and I think gel liner is great at making them look professional and sleek, as well as it being a lot easier to control. So saying that, I did a flick and a medium-ish line of Topshop Gel Liner Ink using a Sigma E56 Small Angle Brush. I then lined my waterline with the MAC Coffee Eye Pencil, which I think is great for the daytime because it adds nice definition to the eyes, while not looking too harsh because of the colour. I finally finished the eyes off with a couple coats of Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll Mascara on my top and bottom lashes.



I finish off the look with Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick in 13 Peach Passion. This lipstick is so so creamy, which unfortunately means every little crack and piece of dry skin on your lips is so visible (so excuse the picture), but I do actually really like it for the daytime because it's a little softer and subtle, and again adds to the whole sort of 'awakening' attempt. I also think this colour is absolutely GORGEOUS.

And that's it! I hope you enjoyed this look, have a great week :)












Dani Alexandra
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment