Monday 24 March 2014

YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick | Review

So I've mentioned this lipstick in a couple of my previous posts, but thought it was a good one to do a full review on. This is in the shade Peach Passion.





Like most, I was probably drawn to this little beaut because of the gorgeous and sleek gold packaging, the band representing the colour of that particular lipstick surrounded by the beautifullness of the YSL logo, and the way it makes your entire lipstick collection feel that much more expensive, important and unique. So yeah, completely sold by the packaging.

Appearance- Creamy
Longevity- Short
Price Range- £££
My Rating- ♥♥

It's a shame that the packaging doesn't quite live up to the expectations of this product. I got it because I wanted an everyday subtle lipstick and thought that paying as much as £25 for a lipstick, it had to be one I was going to wear a lot. I will say, the colour is absolutely beautiful and everything I wanted. It's a lovely coral edging slightly more to the pinky side, but the peach in it makes it so subtle and beautiful, it can literally be worn on any occasion and goes with EVERYTHING. Absolute plus.

The texture is really creamy which is nice for everyday, but it is surprisingly very drying and I feel I really need to lather the lip balm on after using it. This creamy-ness also means that I really don't find this lipstick lasting any longer than about an hour, and whatever is left is just really choppy and cracked. If you constantly press your lips together like I do, then this lipstick really isn't for you cause it just makes the longevity even less and it takes every fiber in my body to stop myself from doing it cause all I want in the world right now is this lipstick to last longer than 1-frickin-hour! I should also mention that the creamy-ness means that every dry patch and crack on your lips will be very very visible, so you wanna exfoliate those lips to the max beforehand.

A little really does go a long way, and even though you may feel you need to coat it on, 3 small swipes will do, with a lot of pressing it and blending it with your finger. Lathering will just waste the product and make it look far too greasy, in my opinion. This technique of applying it is how I've found it to look the best and last the longest. Still not that long though. On a side note, on discovering that only a little is needed per application may mean this product having a long lifespan, but at the same time the need to reapply so often may make it run out just as quick as any other lipstick. I've used it a lot and there still seems to be quite a bit left, but I'll let you know!

I really really wanted to give this 3 hearts, but I think that I want to love it more than I actually do. For the price paid and the way I can make it initially look on my lips makes me need to adore it, but the hard work it takes to make it look good and the amount of time it lasts takes a lot of that adoration away. Nonetheless, I will continue to use it either until it runs out or I purchase another daytime peachy lipstick that I love the initial look of just as much as this, and I am keen to try some of the other types of lipsticks YSL do, but I probably won't be getting another Rouge Volupté in the near future.

Here's a link anyway if you do want to check it out yourself, and below are some photos of it in action over the past weeks! (Yes you would have already seen some of these photos, but I like to recycle where appropriate :))






Dani Alexandra
Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I nominated to for the LIEBSTER award. If youre interested, go to my post, answer the questions I asked and follow my blog/instagram.

    Comewhatmae

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime you post this, it makes me want to go out and buy more!!!

    Stevie
    VintageAndVans
    xx

    ReplyDelete