Monday 17 February 2014

Statement Red Lips with Subtle Nude Eyeshadow

I need to get an HD camera and stop using my phone. Anyway...

I really love a bright reddish statement lip and I think paired with a subtle nude eye is such a gorgeous look for this time of year, just before the lovely soft golds and pale pinks of the spring trends hit us.





If you wanna know how I achieved this look, then keep reading, and trust me, it's super easy!


I started with a clean, cleansed and moisturised face (yeah I know, real pretty) and just primed my eyelids with Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion.




I then went in with the shade Buck from the Urban Decay Naked Palette and used a Sigma E25 Brush to work that colour into my crease, focusing it in the outer corner of my eye and working it very slightly towards the inner corner.



I then took the shade Naked and dabbed that all over my lid with a Sigma E55 Brush, focusing it on the inner corner so that that's the most pigmented, and just working it out. I then slightly went over with the Buck again, just to ensure that the colour was really defined and beautiful.


Next was time for my face products. I primed my nose, especially the creases on the sides, with Benefit's Porefessional, then applied 2 layers of the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation in B40 (read a little review of it here). I coated my beautiful (not) bags with NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard, as well as applying this to the creases around my nose and any blemishes. To make sure that none of this budges, I generously coated my face with Bobbi Brown's Sheer Finish Loose Powder in Soft Sand. As you can see I now have zero eyebrows and zero shape or colour to my face...



That's better. I just contoured my cheekbones with NARS Laguna Bronzer using a NARS Ita Kabuki Brush then also applied the bronzer all over my forehead. Next I blended some Bourjois Blusher in Healthy Mix into the apples of my cheeks and up, then finally to give my face more definition, filled my eyebrows with a Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown.




I then glued on some Eyelure 101 Lashes, and then tried to hide the line of the strip by applying a coat of Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner in Glossy Black along my lash line. I finished off my eyes by drawing some Benefit Bad Gal Pencil Eyeliner onto the outer corners of my waterline (top and bottom). Note that I would for sure be putting mascara onto my top lashes to blend into the false ones, and bottom ones, but I'm at my boyfriends in Manchester and like a fool forgot my mascara. Note to self; have an emergency stash of makeup here...


After priming my lips with MAC's Prep and Prime Lip Primer, I lined them with MAC's Ablaze Lip Liner (Trust me, especially when working with bright colours, lip liner is so important! It really does make your lips look so much fuller as well as helping minimize any fall out), then finally applied MAC's So Chaud Lipstick all over my lips. Wow, MAC overload on the lips.

And that's it! I really hope you enjoy this look as much as I do! It really is great for a number of occasions, from a lunchtime catch-up with the girls, to a family dinner, to a wild night out!



Dani Alexandra
Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this make up look, that lipstick is gorgeous!!
    Also thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!! And in case you don't see my reply I just said that the template I used for my new design is the simple template in blogger and then I just redesigned, but I love the layout and colours you've used on your blog, especially the polka dots <3

    Lizzie // xBeautyMagic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete