Tuesday 25 February 2014

Makeup Haul!

So, after all the Christmas debt I couldn't really buy myself much in January. But now it is February. The end of February to be precise, and I got paid today! So naturally, I headed straight towards Brent Cross (shopping center in North London), whipped out the notes on my iPhone to see what was on my very long list of "to-buy" cosmetics and considered how much I could spend. I can live off of £50 a week this month can't I? Anyway, enough jibber jabber. this is what I got....!







MAC Pro Palette, 15 Eyeshadow Insert, Amber Lights and Coppering


I'm so happy that I've finally started my own MAC Pro Palette collection! I thought these two colours were so beautiful and perfect for the spring. I saw a Jaclyn Hill makeup tutorial using them and thought they'd just be the perfect shades to start my collection with.

MAC Eye Pencil in Coffee

I always wear black eyeliner and thought this coffee colour would make a nice change, especially for the spring! When I swotched it on my hand it seemed to glide quite nicely, so stay tuned!

NARS Blusher in Gina

I've wanted this blusher for agessss. I think it's the perfect subtle coral and I'm so excited to try it! I think it will give the perfect rosey glow for, once again, spring! (Can you see a theme occurring in this haul?)

NARS Lipstick in Schiap

I saw a photo on someone else's blog (I'm sorry I can't remember who) of a girl with bright neon pink lipstick and black eye makeup and I just fell in love with the look, hence why this lipstick was purchased. Now to find an occasion where I can be brave enough to rock it...

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick in 13 Peach Passion

Obviously like most, YSL has drawn me to buy one of their lipsticks because there is just no other packaging like it. I wanted a lipstick I could wear daily and this colour is just gorgeous. It's a really soft orangey pick (peach I guess you'd obviously say) and is just perfect for day time, although could definitely be worn in the evening as well. It's really really creamy and I think it's gonna actually be really moisturising to the lips!

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch in 1 with Baby Doll Mascara and Eye Creme Samples


I actually was just going to get the full size of the Baby Doll Mascara after a friend recommended it to me, but for the same price in John Lewis you could get a full size Touche Eclat (which I know I like) with free samples of both the mascara and an eye cream from their new Forever Youth Liberator range. I am thrilled! Now I can see if I like the mascara and get the full size if I want it, as well as getting 2 other products!

Topshop Gel Liner Ink

I haven't used a gel liner before and seeing as I got a brush to use with one in my Sigma Essentials Brush Kit, I though why the hell not! I went for this Topshop one because it had decent reviews and is quite cheap for me to experiment with.

Rimmel Hide the Blemish in Soft Honey, Wake Me Up Foundation in Soft Beige and Stay Matte Powder in Transparent

Boots were doing 3-for-2 on Rimmel products and seeing as I use my YSL foundation DAILY, I wanted a drugstore foundation so my expensive one could be saved for special occasions. I went for the Wake Me Up because I have heard nothing but great things about it. I have also heard the Hide The Blemish Concealer is pretty decent so thought why not! And finally, I'm in the market for a new pressed setting powder and seeing as this would be free, I thought I'd give it a go. I'll let you know my thoughts...

Dani Alexandra
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment