Thursday 30 January 2014

MAC Lightscapade | Review

Having never owned a powder highlighter before, I was absolutely desperate to try one out! I'd seen a few reviews and Youtube videos of people using MAC's 'Soft and Gentle', I thought I'd browse what else they had and I didn't really fancy something so bronzed looking. I saw a picture of 'Lightscapade', and instantly fell in love. It looked like the perfect dusty, sparkly white I was looking for in a highlighter, and it was immediately on my Christmas list. My sister was kind enough to fulfill one of my Christmas wishes, and got it for me.

Applying it with a standard powder brush to the places I knew should typically be highlighted (above my cheekbones, above my brow bone and my cupids bow)I wasn't really sure how I felt about the product.

Another item on my Christmas list was a fan brush, and my good friend Lauren (check her blog out here, it's awesome) was kind enough to get me a Smashbox one from Boots.



I was super excited to try these two together, and when I did I was extremely happy.

The brush perfectly distributes the highlighter across your cheekbones, brow bones and cupids bow, carrying the perfect amount of product on it so not to look overbearing, but still noticeable.



Lightscapade really is a gorgeous highlighter, with silver glitter in its dusty white powder with blue and bronze undertones. In the picture I have swotched it on my hand, but the lighting is bad and it is a very subtle highlight.

Before Lightscapde





After Lightscapde





Although it's really subtle, you can see the difference between the before and after pictures, and when the product catches various different lights (which unfortunately I can't capture on camera) it really is lovely. You can see that my top lip looks fuller, and my cheekbones are definitely more glowing.

If you are looking for a subtly sparkly glow and highlight, I would definitely recommend Lightscapde. It applies beautifully, it would compliment any skin tone because it's so subtle and neutral and it is definitely not choppy. Just elegantly smooth, silky and long lasting. It's been a pleasure to highlight with for the first time.

What highlighters would you recommend?

Dani Alexandra
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment