Wednesday 1 January 2014

December Favourites


There isn't actually that much this December i've really really loved (not worth mentioning anyway), but these are the products that do deserve to be acknowledged because I have absolutely LOVED them. Sorry about the quality of the pictures, I'm new to this!


From left the right:
1. NARS bronzer in "Laguna"
2. MAC lipstick in "So Chaud"
3. Soap and Glory "Butter Yourself" Moisture Lotion
4. Benefit "They're Real" Mascasa
5. Urban Decay "Naked 3" Eye Shadow Pallet
6. Benefit "POREfessional" Primer
7. Philosophy "Purity" 3-in-1 Facial Cleanser
8. Soap and Glory "Hand Food"
9. Sigma "F80 Flat Kabuki" Brush


NARSBRONZER: I think this bronzer is amazing! It's the perfect tone for my skin, not appearing at all muddy with gorgeous golden tones in it which catch the light beautifully. Because it's quite subtle, it's great as an all over bronze (I have swatched it on my hand but because my lighting and camera are awful you can't really see!). I love using it to contour my cheeks and forehead though, and it is SO easy to blend, I'm telling you, it's like a dream. No harsh lines when contouring with this baby! Thank you NARS!


MACLIPSTICK: This lipstick is so gorgeous, being such a nice combination of red and orange. You can pack it on loads giving a really dramatic look, or gently dab it on creating a nice tint of colour. I've loved using this all month, with it being Christmas and all, and I think it's been a nice change from the standard bright red lip, with that slight orange tone making it just a little bit quirky and different. I love MAC lipsticks in general, they don't leave my lips feeling dry and just stay on so nicely. I've loved using this with their "Ablaze" lip pencil. Thumbs up MAC!

SOAPANDGLORYMOISTERIZER: For Christmas I got from my Mum Soap and Glory's "the Yule Monty" set, and I have been loving the Butter Yourself moisturizer. It smells so fruity and delicious, I've actually been tempted to eat it. Clearly I haven't, but yeah....It's got all different fruity ingredients in it including mango and fig, so obviously amazing for your skin. It feels so soft going on, dries really quickly and leaves my skin feeling and smelling amazing!



BENEFITMASCARA: I used to absolutely live by fake eyelashes, like I literally wore them everyday, even just to go to work (I work at Waitrose), but this mascara has changed my life. I have quite long eyelashes anyway, I just liked to wear lashes for the thickness. But now so so much time is saved every morning because of this mascara. People constantly ask me if my lashes are real. They look long, they look thick, it's just amazing. The wand has a sort of spiked end as well which I think makes separating my bottom lashes and getting into the inner corner lashes so much easier. If you're a lashoholic, give this mascara a try and you will be converted. Amen.



URBANDECAYPALLET: I got this and the first Naked for Christmas, my first decent eye shadow pallets, woohoo. Oh my god I love these colours! I didn't know if the underlining rose tones would look very good on me, and of course it's very easy to achieve the infamous "i'vejustbeenpunched" look, but nope, not at all! They are so pretty and have such a great mix of matte and shimmer shades. I love putting the matte shade "limit" (fourth one in) over my whole lid, and then blending shimmery "trick" (sixth shade) into my crease. They're so pigmented and easy to work with, and being an eye shadow beginner I am loving experimenting with this pallet.

BENEFITPRIMER: I use POREfessional to prime my T-zone, focusing on my nose and the creases around my nose because my pores there are huge! This is so good at hiding that though, like literally the second I apply it my pores are gone and it just makes my foundation go on so much more nicely and last longer, and yeah, I just love this product!

PHILOSOPHYCLEANSER: I saw this cleanser used by a Youtuber I follow called Jaclyn Hill and thought i'd give it a try because I haven't found a good cleanser yet, and I'm in love. As you can see in the picture I got the smaller bottle and next time I will be getting the biggest that money can buy because I will be using this cleanser forever! It feels so smooth and light on your face, not at all irritible, and when I say it gets every piece of make up, I mean every single little piece, and that's with like zero scrubbing effort. And not too mention, my complextion is like a zillion times better since I started using this.

SOAPANDGLORYHANDCREAM: In true Soap and Glory style, hand food smells delicious. It has shea butter, macadamia oil and marshmallow in it, again some great ingredients to keep skin soft and hydrated. Ever since I started using this, my hands have been amazingly soft, smelling gorgeous and like zero dry skin, which I used to have quite a bit of in the areas between my fingers. Another great product by Soap and Glory.



SIGMAFOUNDATIONBRUSH: This is hands down the best foundation brush i've ever used. It has literally cut the time it takes me to do my foundation in half. The flat top means virtually zero streaking and it pretty much blends your foundation as you put it on your face which obviously makes life a million times easier! I think it's so much better than your standard style foundation brush and blends a lot better than a stippling brush. It's just an absolute winner for me!


Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed and see you soon!
Dani Alexandra
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment