Friday 10 January 2014

Daily 'Off To Work' Makeup

Because I work in a supermarket, I don't like to go too OTT with how I do my makeup day-to-day, although the makeup-oholic in me still can't resist waking up an hour and a half before I need to leave to spruce up. 


This is generally the look I wear when going to work and as you can see there isn't anything too dramatic going on. No eyeshadow, no dramatic lips and a subtle wash of colour on my cheeks


These are all the products and brushes used to create this look, and I'll list them in the order I used them:

Benefit POREfessional
Clinique Superprimer Colour Corrects Dullness
Clinique Superbalanced Foundation in 03 Ivory
Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
Sigma F70 Concealer Brush
Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder in 5 Soft Sand
EcoTools Bamboo Powder Bruah
NARS Bronzer in Laguna
NARS Its Kabuki #21 Brush
Bourjois Blusher in Healthy Mix
Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown
W7 Paint The Line Liquid Liner Black
Benefit Bad Gal Pencil Liner
Benefit They're Real Mascara
Elf Lip Balm (I'm sorry, it's really old and faded and I can't find it online now to give more details!)
Mac Lightscapade
Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour Brush

So I start off by priming my t-zone with POREfessional to minimize the look of my pores as this is where they are the worst. I focus it around the creases of my nose cause they are really huge there! I then go in with my Clinique Primer and prime my whole face, including my t-zone. I just squeeze it onto my hand and give it a little rub with my index finger before I apply to warm the product up. Now onto my Clinique Foundation which again I just pour onto my hand and dab with my Sigma F80 then apply to my face with a mixture of dabbing, swiping and circular motions. This brush blends in makeup super easy so is doing all the work for you! Now time for the NARS Concealer which I dot under my eye. I blend in the very very underneath of my eye with my Sigma F70 then just use my ring finger to dab in the concealer to the darkest parts of my black circles. I also put the concealer up my forehead and down my nose which I blend with my F80, and around the creases of my nose and on any blemishes, which I blend with my F70. Now time to set everything with my Bobbi Brown Powder and EcoTools Brush and I just start but dabbing it all around my eyes to stop any creasing. Then I dab a good amount all around my t-zone and then lastly, just enough to set the makeup on the rest of my face. After I've dabbed it all on I just gently swipe the brush all over my face with no product on to make sure it's all nicely blended in. 

I now contour my cheekbones and forehead with my NARS Bronzer and NARS Kabuki Brush by just swiping the brush down my cheekbones in the line between the top of my ears and the corner of my mouth (I don't go all the way down, sort of up to where my pupil starts if I'm looking straight on). I then frame my face up towards my forehead and then down my forehead, bringing the product on the side of my forehead down more than the product in the middle. I then use my Bourjouis Blusher with the little brush it comes with on the apples of my cheeks and bring it up my contour line. I blend everything out really well with my EcoTools Brush because I don't want any harsh lines and just want a subtle contour for work. 


Next I fill in my eyebrows with my Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil and I don't really have a particular technique in how I do this, I just go with how it turns out that day! Obviously I aim to keep them thicker in the middle of my face, gradually getting thinner on the outside, and I don't really have an arch so I try my best to sort of curve them off. I hate really harsh angles at the beginning of my brows (although I think that looks great on other people), so I try to blend the product there with a cotton bud, my finger or the little brush thing that the pencil comes with.

Now onto my eyes which is really really quick, simple and easy! I start with W7 Liquid Liner. I literally just draw the thinnest line possible, not from the very corner, but close enough, all the way to the outer corner of my eyes. If I have time or can be bothered with the hassle I'll do flicks, but I couldn't be assed today so I didn't. With my Benefit Pencil Liner I'll sometimes line my entire waterline (top and bottom), but today I just opted for the outer corners. I think it just adds something nice, and makes my eyes look a little bigger. Mascara is super easy because Benefit's They're Real is amazing. I just do 2 coats from inner to outer corner, top and bottom. That's it. The mascara does the work for you. 

 
Almost there! I just use this Elf Lip Tint balm thing obviously on my lips to give them a little pop of colour and life, nothing too obvious and I wouldn't really get the chance to reapply lipstick at work so wearing a full blown lipstick would be a bit risky (hello bitty-ness)! 


I finish off by highlighting with Mac Lightscapade and a Sigma F40 Brush just above and below my brows, down my nose, above my cheekbones and on my cuspids bow. I don't go too crazy with this, literally just dab and a quick swipe kinda situation and VOILA. I am done.....once I've sprayed my face with Urban Deacy All Nighter Setting Spray to hold everything in place as much as I possibly can for a day of stacking shelves. 



Hope you enjoyed!

Dani Alexandra
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment